pyinfra automates infrastructure super fast at massive scale. It can be used for ad-hoc command execution, service deployment, configuration management and more. Core design features include:
- 🚀 Super fast execution over thousands of targets with predictable performance.
- 🚨 Instant debugging with stdout + stderr output on error, and
-vto print it always.
- 💻 Agentless execution by speaking native SSH/Docker/subprocess.
- ❗️ Two stage process that enables
--dryruns before making any changes.
- 📦 Extendable with any Python package as configured & written in standard Python.
- 🔌 Integrated with Docker, Vagrant & Ansible out of the box.
When you run pyinfra you'll see something like (non animated version):
pyinfra can be installed via pip:
pip install pyinfra
Now you can execute commands & operations over SSH:
# Execute an abitrary shell command pyinfra my-server.net exec -- echo "hello world" # Install iftop apt package if not present pyinfra my-server.net apt.packages iftop sudo=true
These can then be saved to a deploy file, let's call it
from pyinfra.operations import apt apt.packages( name='Ensure iftop is installed', packages=['iftop'], sudo=True, update=True, )
And executed with:
pyinfra my-server.net deploy.py